Write Elder Pemberton at:

Elder Pemberton
Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana

Sunday, August 5, 2012

July 9, 2012

Well its been an interesting couple days I must admit. I think I've been more homesick today and yesterday than I have been in my whole mission. Which to let you all know really isnt that much but I do miss you all. But the best cure for what missionaries call feeling "trunky" is getting out to work. I still havent been able to go out to the area today but yesterday it was almost miraculous. We left the house and i dont even remember when I forgot that I was feeling down. We just got to work and it was great. So if any of my fellow missionaries are missiong home just get working harder. Call an investigator look at your agenda and figure out what the best thing to do for the day would be according to the Lord's will. It helps. Instantly. 
Other than that I'm am so happy to see all of my wonderful family! Im very excited to be able to come home and enjoy everyones company. I always love big family reunions. 
As I sit here at the computer thinking about what I really want to write you all I think about all of you back at home, I think of my investigators here, I think of my self. And what comes to mind is the miraculous effect the atonement has in everyone of our lives. For those at home I see pictures of the family and friends and think of how the atonement worked in your lives. Through the atonement you were able to overcome differnces, hurt-feelings, and learn to forgive, like Christ does. I'm sure you didnt even realize it, but it was only through the Atonement that such barriers could be overcome. When I think of my investigators I think of Victor. A middle-aged man of about 40 who at first was not ready to be baptized because he wasn't perfect. Well obviously he still isn't but through the strengthening power of the atonement he is overcoming his fear of such insufficency and has accepted to be baptized the 21 of this month. And thinking of myself. Well I'm not sure where to begin. It's only through the Atonement that I am where I am at right now. It's only through the atonement and the gift of repentance that my companion and I can have the spirit in our lives to guide our lessons with our investigators. And its through the Atonement that each and everyone of us will be able to ear a special spot on the right hand of our Father in the last day. That is in a short paragraph what the Atonement has done for me in my life. There's no way that I would even be able to describe my true feelings for it even in person. But iI hope my testimony arrives and touches your hearts in some small way.
My faith has been tested here on my mission. My Father is asking me everyday, "how much do you really love me?" Every new day that He asks me to be hundres of miles of ways from my loved ones. Everyday that He asks me to walk in the hot sun. And every new day that He asks me to forget about my inconviences my pain or my discomfort and focus on His beloved children and their needs. And now I realize the mission is about being obedient just because He asks me to. It's about being obedient because i truly love Him. and because I truly want to live with Him again. And every new day that He asks me to do things that are hard i can tell Him "Te amo y  que siempre sea tu voluntad."
Thank you all for giving me this oportunity to serve a mission I promise I'll work harder this week to deserve your support and love and blessings. I love being a missionary and everysingle day there are always so many things to smile about. Its a great life I get to live right now and I'm going to live it up while it lasts. I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week.
Les quiero muchisimo,
Elder Pemberton

No comments:

Post a Comment