Write Elder Pemberton at:

Elder Pemberton
Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana

Sunday, August 5, 2012

July 2, 2012

I feel sooo bad. Please forgive me for being a horrible son Ana and Dad. I hope you know how much I love you both and how much you mean to me. I hope you´ve been working on your christ-like attributes especially patience forgiveness and most importantly love. I promise with all of my heart that I will not forget your birthdays next year. with that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

As for life here... well nothing much new is happening. We´re working really hard and trying to help our investigators make their way to baptism. Its harder than it might seem. Harder than i had even imagined. But we are called firstly to help others come to christ. So if we are helping at the very least our investigators grow their faith just a little bit every day we share a gospel principle than I hope the Lord will accept our hard days work. 

But tell me how life is going on there? How was Kai´s baptism? And are you all having a family reunion? If so please please please send pictures. I know how dificult and expensive it is to get a package together so if you have time you could even email them to me because I can print them out here. Also some family foto´s would be great so that I can show my investigators how awesome of a family I have. 

Thanks to kiffyn, Taylor gough, and my wonderful Aunt Jaynelle for sending me letters this past week. They really make a difference and I promise when I have time I will reply.

Well family thats about it. I´m sorry its short but there´s not much else new happening but we are working so dont lose your faith. We´re still bringing souls unto the Lord in what we hope is His way. Which is an interesting topic all together. If we could just understand the Lord´s will wouldnt that make life a whole lot easier? I believe the answer is yes. And we can understand better the Lord´s will through the Holy Scriptures. I have such a testimony in the gospel and who the scriptures teach me to be a better person. If you want to learn how to love better read 3 nephi in the Book of Mormon and pay attention to all the different way´s the Lord Jesus Christ show´s His love to the His people. Its absolutely beautiful and I feel so blessed that I have the opportunity to read about them. I know the Book of Mormon is a the word of God. No ordinairy book claiming to be of God could change so many lifes if it were not from Him. His power ebs and flows through each page and sentence of the Book of Mormon and I feel its spiritual strength every single day. How else do you think we can walk in theis humid hot son for 7 hrs ;) The Church is true and I feel so blessed to be apart of it. 
Stay strong and enjoy life. Its way to short to just go through it being frustrated. Let Christ take your burdens as you are obedient to His commandments. I hope you all have a great week! talk to you soon.
Con mucho amor su amigo, familiar, y más que todo hermano en Cristo,
Elder Pemberton

No comments:

Post a Comment