Write Elder Pemberton at:

Elder Pemberton
Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana

Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012

Familia! Cómo están a todos? Espero que todo bien.

Well I dont have that much to say this week. I didnt get a letter from Ana so I was kind of sad but thats ok. theres always next week. 

This week really has been great! We are finding lots of people to teach and we have a GREAT ward who works with us all the time. 

I guess the first thing i´ll talk about is my companion. Elder Stott really is everything i could have ever hoped for in a "dad" (they call your trainer your dad in mission language) He really knows the language SOOO well and has a great accent for being a gringo. He´s really obedient and is really taking every opportunity he can to teach me how to be a good missionary. I hope i´m being teachable. I really do love learning all that I can from him. He´s fropm Alpine UT and after he´s done training me he´s going home. Its a really experience to be just starting my mission but being with someone who is just finishing his. But he´s an amazing missionary and is a great example for me.

Our ward here like i said really is awesome. And now i´m going to give you all what they call a boche in spanish. Now just remember that I love you. But missioinary work is the greatest work that there is on the earth today. And it isnt just a job for missionaries. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints you ALLL have a responsibility in helping this work move forward. We called one of the Sisters that lives close to us to come to a cita, she left her kids at home and left her duties as a mother and came with us to teach the gospel. I know that everyday life is busy I understand but the lords work is so much more important than any work that will help you gain success in the world. Now i dont expect everyone of you to drop your lives and come serve a mission but the missionaies that are in your home wards really need your help. We can´t do this alone. We need member´s help if this work is going to spread to every nation kindred and people. Again I love you all so much but I know there´s always more that we can do if we just work together. The best way to help missioanries as members is to give them references. So begin praying RIGHT NOW for being to share the gospel with because this message will bless every single person i promise you. I know it´s scary but if you pray for the faith to talk to people it will come, I promise.

Sorry to lay down the law but I just reall felt pretty strong about that and I expect anyone who can to write me and tell me about what they did this week to help the work of the lord. And this truly is his work. I testify to you that He is in every single facet of it.

Other than that I´ve noticed that i really need to be working harder on my spanish. So I took out the study book they gave us in the mtc and I will be working through it intentley during our lunch time. The work is good though and I am truly a happy missionary the Lord has really been blessing elder Stott and I. 

Well familia y amigos I love you all so much. Thank you for your support thank you for you love and prayers. I know that becuase of them I am able to carry on when the more difficult days come. Stay strong and keep Christ in your focus. Through his atoment and love all things are posible.

Also my new address is: 
Elder Pemberton
Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana

Love,
Elder Pemberton

No comments:

Post a Comment