Write Elder Pemberton at:

Elder Pemberton
Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana

Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012

Mi amaroso familia y amigos,
 
Estoy muy animado. Quien sabe porque? Por que solamente tengo doce mas dias hasta voy al campo misional!!!!
I leave for the mission field on the 13th of March. And i tell you what i am soooo excited. We get to do intercambios with the missionaries from the East and West missions tomoroww and thats going to be SOOO SOOO awesome. I cant wait.
 
This letter I would like to help you all if possible understand the change that is happening to me. And no I'm not talking about the 10-15 lbs i've gained already on my mission as some of you might be able to tell in the pictures. ( I just cant help it. I'm just in love with the food here!) But all joking aside. I really am going through a transition in my life. This transition has to do with my relationship with my savior. Now I know for most people it's really hard to have a relationship with someone they've never met/ have never even talked to. But I would like to testify that you have all met him. that we knew him and our Heavenly Father in the life we had before this. But I can directly relate to those of you who feel like that. Because I was the same way. Now I've always been grateful for Jesus Christ and his teachings. I know that He's the Son of God and that he suffered, died, and was resurrected for each of us individually. I've known all that for some time now. But somehow now its different.... I feel like I know Him. I feel like He knows me. I feel like He cares about me, thinks about me. My love for Him has grown immensley over this past week and this love has created a desire in me to do whatever I have to do to become like Him so that I will have the opportunity to be in his pressence. If you are searching for a relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and have the opportunity to do so serve a mission. I am almost certain that I would not have found this relationship with savior if I wasnt here on my mission.
The other thing that has really grown. Is my love for the scriptures. Wow.... That and my understanding of the scriptures. I never thought it was possible to read 40 chapters of the New Testiment in 2 days. But i'll tell you what, it sure is. I'm in Acts right now following Pual on his many missions. What an inspiration he is.
 
The second thing I'd like to talk about is a man named Jospeh Smith. It has been said in scriptures both ancient and modern that "by your fruits ye shall know them" and the fruits of Joseph Smith are the Book of Mormon. If you have an issue with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for whatever reason and you havent read the book of Mormon at all to see if its true then i'm sorry you just dont really have much of an arguement. Everything that our church believes hinges upon the single fact that Jospeh Smith truly did see the Father and the Son. I can tell you with every fiber of my being that Joseph Smith in all reality had that vision and he was called of God to restore the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ once again upon the earth. Elder Robert D. Hales, who is an Apostle of Jesus Christ, said "what was really restored in (what we call) the Restorationis the ability to come back to the presence of our Heavenly Father"
 
On a less intensely spiritual note. We now have Latino elders!!!! there's about 20 of them here with us. It's truly an awesome experience! Did i mention we get to play soccer every gym time now? Any if any of you really know me you'll know that I've been in heaven the past week and a half since we started playing! We also got to play in the rain!!! For any of you who know soccer it was soooo much fun.
  
Also we have some very important birthday's this week!!!! Happy Birthday Madelyn and Kai Pemberton. I want you two to know how happy I am and how blessed I fell that you two are my siblings. You are excellent children and I miss you so much. I hope you have a great week. Like my best friend Kelsey always says. We really should have a birthday week not just a day;) Also my dear sister i'm going to try to upload a song called drop by drop about the parable of the 10 virgins that i think you'd like if not the check it out on the LDSyouth website. its a great song.
 
Well I think that's about it. I want you all to know how much I love you and how grateful I am for all of your support!
 
Love Elder Pemberton
 

Dad: Estoy muy orgulloso de ti por su fidelidad in su llamamiento! No puedo esperar hasta podemos hablarnos. Quien es de Santa Cruz? Te quiero mucho hasta luego
 

No comments:

Post a Comment