Write Elder Pemberton at:

Elder Pemberton
Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 17, 2012

Wow i can´t believe that I am already almost half way done being trained. It´s pretty crazy. Time keeps flying by no matter what I do. There are times where I feel like I have so much to do and it will be soooo long till I get to come home and see all of your loving faces. But then Heavenly Father blesses me with the knowledge that my time here is short and really I´m living a once in a life time experience. And also that there is SO much work to do how could I possibly leave here with out doing the best that i can to help these people accept the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. As they say here "todo marcha bien aquí" which means basically its all going well here.

I´ll tell you all that honestly it is the COOOLEST thing being a missionary. I´m so grateful that Heavenly Father created this experience for His children. It is an amazing work to be apart of and I am doing my best to take advantage of every little bit of it. Our investigator Anamaria is doing really well. We had a lesson yesterday in the chapel with bishop. We intended to teach her about tithing anjd then have him share a few parts, but as i have come to find out here dominicans LOVE to talk. So elder Stott and I humbly took that back seat and let the bishop basically teach the whole thing. After that we had a missionary devotional and the stake president came to talk about conversion. Ana was the only investigator there BUT she sat right in front of us sitting with her sister and her neice and it was amazing to see the effects of the messgae that we as missionaries share. If you take the time to listen and apply the principles that we teach your are promised nothing but more happiness and peace in your life. I´m really seeing this process take place in Ana and she´s such a golden investigator. Her baptism date is for the 5th of May and she is going to be so converted i can´t wait to see how much she grows as she makes covenents, receives the gift of the holy ghost, and begins to gain a new perspective on life that only comes to one who truly knows understands and beleives with their heart the gospel of jesus christ. 

Thank you all for the support the love and the prayers. Its because of you all that ELder Stott and I are having so much success and that I´m having such a great start to my mission. Please foprgive the shortness but I´m going to try to add some pictures if possible!
Les quiero muchisimo,
Elder Pemberton




No comments:

Post a Comment