Write Elder Pemberton at:

Elder Pemberton
Santo Domingo West Mission
C/ Hatuey #73
Urb. Los Cacicazgos
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana

Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 2012

Well my lovely family and friends,

First its been a good week! I´ve been with a Dominican the past week and its been pretty great you know just learning a bunch of tigueraje. Maybe one day you´ll know what that means. But we've have some really good experiences. My comps name is Elder Gomez and its been pretty good. They split Elder Mooney and I up after one transfer!!! We were pretty surpised when we heard that. But we´re still in the same house so it hasn't been too bad. But both of our comps sadly enough are leaving to Mexico Wednesday and are leaving us tonight. It´s pretty sad because out of all of the Dominicans there are in this mission.( as missionaries) I think we got the best two of them. Its been really good being with a latino. I feel like its made me notice a lot how bad my spanish really is. But I do my best to not be scared and talk just as much as possible. After Elder Gomez and Cabrera leave Elder Mooney and I will be companions again and the area that I orginally opened two transfers ago will go back to the office elders. Meaning it will be basically closed because the office elders never have time to go out to their area. It makes me sad that all the progress Elder Brezack and Elder Arias had done and that Elder Mooney and Elder Cabrera seems like is going to waste but I trust in President and know that he is guided by the Lord. 
The youth in our ward this past week went to the first ever held EFY in this country. The counselors and all of the youth bore their testimonies and... wow.. it was powerful. Let me just tell you simply, very simply, that I remember loving EFY and coming back on a super spiritual high. But these kids...they are honestly changed for life. There were so many that came back and said for sure they were going on missions and wow it was an awesome sacrament meeting. On top of that we had EIGHT!!! investigators in church! thats a lot just so you all know. 
My beloved friends and family I hope you know much I love what I´m doing right know. I know this is the lords work and I know that I need to be here. I´m not sure if I need to be here more to help others change their lives or if it´s more to change mine. BUT I know I´m supposed to be here. I have grown a strong testimony of the power of the priesthood this past week. I know that the Lord´s power and authority is with us everywhere we walk and that there are unseen forces helping us at every point. I hope that all of you priesthood holders realize what you truly can do as a worthy man of God. And before you judge this as cliche read in Ether 12 and then remember that a worthy priesthood holder can literally move mountains with faith and the power of the Lord.
I love you all so much I hope you have a great week and hope that you all can remember that your Heavenly Father loves you and that He wants you to be preparing yourself right now to be able to return to His presence. So do so. Progress in the gospel. Learn more. And most importantly of all: Live it. 
Manténganse cerca del evangelio de Jesucristo y Él siempre estará con ustedes.
Love,
Elder Pemberton

No comments:

Post a Comment